Job Title: Java Developer
Work Location: Glendale, CA 91201
Hourly Pay Rate Range: $30-$35/hr on w2 contract
Employment Terms: W2 contract to hire
This group is responsible for tracking web site behaviors. Candidate should be a big fan of data. They use data to optimize the web sites. Not really looking for someone who does BI. More focus is on Java. As far as experience, we will take someone who is very junior, maybe 1 to 2 years out of college. Right now it is a temporary position, but if the person works out, it could go full time or at least that is the intent of the department. Very tight group that loves strong communication.
The successful candidate will possess a work style that promotes progress through collaborative teamwork in a dynamic environment. Must be enthusiastically committed to delivering world-class technology solutions and the highest levels of customer service, be committed to continual process, product and performance improvements, be able to communicate with confidence, clarity, and honesty, take initiative and assume ownership of a wide variety of systems, processes & deliverables.
Responsibilities of this position include:
• Design and develop new data pipeline process and dashboard.
• Design, model, develop and generate data sets to support BI reporting and analytics.
• Recognizing and managing technical dependencies and/or limitations that impact analytic work.
• Provide expert advice in the usage and interpretation of data to various business partners.
• Actively question and challenge customers to understand their requirements and reach the best solutions, near term and long term.
• Understands and adheres to development and documentation standards, database design and storage.
• Successfully implementing process improvements impacting own work and work of others.
• Performs technical proof of concepts.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
• 2+ years technology experience
• 2+ years web Framework and modeling experience
• Passionate to work on big data processing and performance improvement in every data processing steps.
• Must contribute to overall team success.
• Must be a self-motivated, energetic, detail oriented team player passionate about producing high quality BI & analytics deliverables and thrives in a collaborative environment.
• Strong problem solving skill to identify the root cause and implement the fix
• Strong analytical aptitude required.
• Experience contributing to project task prioritization, planning, estimating, work assignment, & quality assurance at every stage of a project..
• Ability to manage multiple, conflicting, high priority requests.
• Ability to work accurately and effectively on extremely tight deadlines.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment.
• Ability to work in an agile development environment with minimal documentation and process.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
• Strong in Java programming skills and experience with Java framework like Spring & Hibernate
• Experience with ETL process architecture, design and implementation handling Big Data.
• Experience with dimensional and relational DB design and development with multiple relational databases such as Netezza, Teradata, Oracle, DB2, MySQL or SQL Server.
• Proficient working with Linux platform
• ETL development experience with ability to create/optimize queries to be executed against high volume, high-availability OLTP and OLAP/data warehouse systems
• Functional knowledge of OLTP and OLAP architectures, methods and processes as they relate to Data Warehouse input/output design.
• Knowledge of Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig preferred
• Experience with and knowledge of multiple Data Warehouse/Data Mart architectures including various MPP and SMP database systems is a plus.
• Customer-centric Data experience desirable.
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.