Nelson Technology is currently seeking a Inventory Manager for our client located in Lockport, NY. This is a contract opportunity.
Compensation: $24 - $25 per hour
Do you like the challenge of building or being on a winning team and running a best in class facility? If you answered yes to this question, we may have the position for you!! The Data Center Operations team is looking for a motivated Inventory Manager. We are looking for a technology-centric individual with a strong logistics management background and the ability to coordinate multiple projects at various stages. This position requires the ability to direct and balance a variety of diverse requests, priorities, and activities. You must have a thorough understanding of both the business needs and the technologies being utilized along with a proven track record of driving operational improvements in service level and quality. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on infrastructure, operations, and global supply chain.
Responsibilities & duties
· Inventory Management at a Yahoo! owned and operated Data Center.
· Responsible for integrity of inventory database by regular cycle counts, quarterly physical audits, and any additional audits as required on all Yahoo or Vendor owned bench stock.
· Gain full knowledge of inventory management system, and work with others to improve and update standard operating procedures and any associated documentation.
· Assist with any Return Merchandise Agreement responsibilities as needed.
· Assist with any shipping and receiving responsibilities as needed.
Skills and experience
· 5+ years experience in a leadership role supporting inventory and warehouse operations in a manufacturing environment.
· A sound understanding of a wide variety of operational methodologies and the ability to adapt quickly to apply the right processes and procedures.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Success at achieving advanced technology goals on time and on budget.
· Excellent communication skills: ability to define deeply and communicate what needs to be done, and successfully drive it to completion.
· Relevant bachelors or graduate degree.
· Strong project management skills
· advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Oracle, and inventory management software
Employment Terms: 1 year W2 Contract
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.