Nelson Technology is currently seeking a Lead/Sr. SQL Server DBA for a direct hire position with our client in San Francisco, CA.
• Lead and manage a staff of DBA professionals
• Provide hands-on database administration support for the application development team throughout the lifecycle of assigned projects.
• Define and implement company’s database strategy by analyzing the database requirements of the supported business systems and designing a database infrastructure to support the business objectives.
• Participate in data-warehousing design, development and implementation efforts.
• Provide day-to-day monitoring, troubleshooting, and performance tuning of all databases.
• Work in a team-oriented environment and as the leader of the production support team.
• Develop and maintain stored procedures, triggers, and ETL scripts.
• Provide high-availability strategies in a Windows 2003/2008/SQL Server 2005/2008 24/7 production environment.
• Collaborate with business and engineering team to design and implement enhancements.
• Develop and evolve the logical and physical database design.
• 10+ years of database administration with a primary focus on MS SQL Server and experience with large database deployments.
• 6-8 years data-warehousing experience with proven understanding of data-warehousing architecture, methodologies, implementation processes and best practices
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Self-starting attitude and good communication skills are essential. Ability to communicate with business analysts and to translate complex business requirements into a manageable database schema.
• Demonstrable ability to write stored procedures, user-defined functions, and triggers.
• Experience with large databases with high transaction volume in a fast-paced, high-availability, production environment.
• Experience with Backup & Recovery, Security, Performance monitoring and tuning.
• Experience with SQL Server Log Shipping, Replication and Clustering.
• Experience with physical database design for SQL Server 2005/2008.
• Experience with SSIS.
• Experience with SSRS desirable.
• Experience with SSAS desirable.
• Experience with Perforce desirable.
• Experience with Cache’
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.