Job Number: 2156809
Our client in Napa County is seeking a full-time, temp-to-hire Accounts Payable Clerk to join their team.
- Process all invoices from opening mail, seeking proper approval, reviewing and preparing proper coding and classification, inputting into accounting system, and preparing the invoices for payment. Review information for completeness and matching to receiving/shipping documents.
- Set up new vendors and maintain an accurate vendor list.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process streamlining and permanent problem solving.
- Handle and facilitate resolution of problems with vendors and shop personnel.
- Ensure that all work flow is processed in a timely manner and all department deadlines are met.
- Assist with special projects at the request of the Controller, Shop Manager or A/P Manager.
- 5-7 years of increased working experience, with management qualities, in Accounts Payable and Inventory.
- Two years college coursework in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and thoroughness in identifying and resolving problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; able to prioritize multiple tasks especially during month and quarter end.
- Comfortable in a dynamic work environment and able to adapt to new responsibilities.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook); knowledge of accounting software and programs; basic math and calculator skills (ten key by touch).
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.