Access Operations Agent (Call Center)
- Location: Newark
- Salary: US$26.00 - US$26.38 per hour
- Job Type:Temp to Hire
Posted 11 days ago
Job Number: 2179260
Access Operations Agent (Call Center)
Newark, CA Onsite
$26.38 per hour
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level or the area(s) to which assigned, but may include (and not be limited to) the following:
· Responds to a high-volume of incoming and outgoing telephone calls and faxed referral.
· Coordinates care by scheduling, editing, and maintaining routine patient physician appointments for new and returning patients.
· Facilitates communication between the patient and the physician or clinic.
· Delivers expert knowledge regarding clinic-specific processes.
· Accurately documents and routes calls to the proper department.
· Identifies urgent customer needs or operational issues and escalates appropriately.
· Works with care teams, patients, and outside facilities to obtain necessary information required for care.
· Communicates with the care team and support staff on various patient issues.
· Obtains and updates insurance information.
· Meets all regulatory and compliance standards.
· Delivers high-level of customer service.
· Follows documented protocols and guidelines.
· Meets and exceeds departmental quality assurance standards.
· Uses reference documents and online knowledgebase tools to clearly articulate accurate information regarding services.
· Uses functionality of the telephone system as required Other departmental duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
· Type 40 words per minute * Excellent customer service skills
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· Demonstrated knowledge of proper English grammar in speaking and writing
· Effectively listen to resolve patient's/customers inquiries.
· Maintain respect and composure in stressful situations.
· Navigate complex software tools and accurately input data.
· Effectively document caller notes into the medical record
· Ability to adjust communication to fit the needs and level of understanding of the receiver.
· Ability to apply business logic to resolve patient/customer issues while managing multiple priorities.
· Working knowledge of EPIC or other patient/customer database
· Ability to apply C-I-CARE to work.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life AD&D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.