Job Number: 2168710
ACCOUNT MANAGER - INSIDE SALES (3 days in office/2 days remote)
UNION CITY, CA
WE ARE A LARGE CONSTRUCTION LIGHTING COMPANY LOOKING FOR A ROCK STAR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INSIDE SALES FOR OUR TEAM. HYBRID ROLE WITH TREMENDOUS GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES! IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN WORKING WITH ARCHITECTS, CONSTRUCTION AGENTS, SPECIFIERS...THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU!
The position of Account Manager-Inside Sales is a critical role with our organization providing sales support and superior customer service from the sale through to a successful installation of the product. The Account Manager-Inside Sales also generates sales with a close partnership with our agent representatives through project collaboration and serves as the voice of the company, working directly with sales agents, specifiers, contractors, architects. This position is expected to build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally and consistently provide superior customer service at all times.
To succeed in this role, you must have a talent for superior customer service and internal motivation to deliver a high quality product. A successful Account Manager-Inside Sales has an exceptional attention to detail, can fluidly multi-task among conflicting priorities and deadlines, and is passionate about building, nurturing, and supporting existing relationships with our internal and external customer bases.
- Works directly with customers, provide timely response to requests, juggle shifting priorities, and keep on top of deadlines and expected follow through with both internal and external customers.
- Partner with Field Sales and Field Service to provide lighting design, pricing, and technical support before, during, and after the sale.
- Ongoing communication and follow through with internal departments that relate to the completion of the projects (i.e. purchasing, production, engineering, etc.).
- Educate customers on all new features and other company products and services. Clearly articulate the features, benefits, and value-add of our products.
- Generate quotations based on price requests from Agents and "take-offs".
- Perform as Customer Advocate for product function, quality, and usability throughout the sales process.
- Ability to read/understand blueprints, construction or architectural documents (exp. with Bluebeam a plus).
- Ability to learn about new features and product releases as developed.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred. Associate's degree accepted commensurate with experience.
- 3 yrs+ of related experience in a customer service/account manager role.
- Ability to communicate both technical and business information verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with changing priorities and competing deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively and use independent experience and judgement in decision making.
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
- Ability to learn internally grown CRM/procurement systems.
- Good math skills and mechanical aptitude. Understanding of spatial awareness a plus.
- Experience working in a manufacturing facility or other light industrial exposure.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.