Account Manager (Inside Sales)
- Location: Elk Grove Village, 60007
- Salary: US$24.00 - US$25.00 per hour
- Job Type:Temp to Hire
Posted 7 days ago
Job Number: 2177250
Account Manager (Inside Sales)
Elk Grove, IL
$24-$25 per hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Represents company to customers in a professional and courteous manner.
· Acts as main interface between customer purchasing and engineering departments.
· Enters sales and confirms/reports on order status to customer in a timely manner.
· Evaluates inventory availability, requests transfers and purchases as needed for customer orders. Responsibility for inventory ordered.
· Finds sources, samples, and technical information as requested by customer.
· Resolves issues with shipments such as missing packing slips, short shipments, wrong parts, etc. between warehouse and customer.
· Generates quotes for customers, enters information to internal system.
· Enters CSI's and process RTVs (return to vendor)
· Responsible for follow-up on quotes, samples and orders as needed.
· Partners with Business Development Managers to develop and maintain existing client base, and new clients. Visits customer sites with, and independently of, the Business Development Manager as needed.
· Performs cold calling within the Branch territory.
· Responsible for review of open orders (both sales and purchase) to ensure on-time delivery to customers.
· Actions past due invoices in tandem with Business Development Manager
· Interfaces with internal departments including Quality Control, Engineering, Accounting, Purchasing, and Warehouse as related to customer orders or needs.
· Provides customer documentation to request part numbers from Engineering.
· Provides metrics and reporting to Branch manager as required.
· Participates in Corporate Activities such as ISO audits and physical inventory as required.
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
· Excellent phone etiquette
· Demonstrated communication skills (written/verbal)
· Self-motivated and able to function independently; detail orientated, organized, and must work well as a team player.
· Must be able to understand manufacturing processes required to make the part.
· Able to think outside the box and help customers by providing alternate options.
· Must be organized with a high attention to detail.
· Works well under pressure with ability to multitask in a fast-paced office environment.
· 1-3 years of inside sales experience preferred, preferably in fasteners, mechanical components or related field.
· Experience with Epicor or similar ERP helpful
· HS Diploma and/or education equivalent; Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related work experience
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.