- Location: Oakland
- Salary: US$60000.00 - US$68000.00 per year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 17 days ago
Job Number: 2177047
Job Title: Accounting Associate
Exciting opportunity alert! Our commercial real estate client is looking for a motivated Accounting Associate to join their team. You'll play a crucial role in supporting day-to-day accounting operations and enjoy the benefits of a healthy work-life balance. With opportunities for growth and development in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, this is the perfect chance to work with a respected leader in the real estate industry. Don't miss out on the chance to work with a dedicated and supportive team committed to achieving success! New graduates are welcome!
Job Title Responsibilities:
* Manage the day-to-day operations of the accounting department, including the general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
* Prepare and review journal entries, accruals, and other accounting transactions
* Conduct accounting duties, including creating and maintaining budgets, and analyzing financial data to identify trends and variances
* Assist with the preparation of financial reports, including monthly financial statements and annual audits, and provide recommendations for improvement
* Reconcile bank and credit card statements, and manage cash flow to ensure the company's liquidity
* Develop and maintain internal controls to safeguard company assets and ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support business initiatives and drive process improvements
Job Title Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
* 1+ years of experience in accounting or a related field, new graduates welcome.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex financial data and provide insights to business partners
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other accounting software, such as Yardi preferred
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage multiple priorities and deadlines
* Highly trustworthy and ethical, with a strong commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.