- Location: San Rafael, Marin, California
- Salary: US$35.00 - US$45.00 per hour per hour
- Job Type:Contract
Posted 19 days ago
Job Number: 2159850
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Location: San Rafael
Our client is an independent K-8 school in Marin County. We are partnering with them in search of an Accounting Manager on an interim basis. This role will support the accounting department for approx. 2-3 months. Could work out as a temp-hire scenario for the right individual. Will require someone work on-site, Mon-Fri 8am-5pm.
Job Title Responsibilities:
* Responsible for managing all accounting functions, ensuring accurate and timely financial information.
* Maintain, manage, and monitor the General Ledger accounting system.
* Manages fixed assets ledger in the financial system and reviews purchases for items to be capitalized, depreciated, and disposed of as appropriate.
* Perform internal financial controls including monthly &/or quarterly reconciliations.
* Close partnership with Accounts Payable Specialist with review of accounts weekly.
* Responsible for the accuracy of Tuition and Fees in Student Records Modules for Enrollment, Blackbaud for financial Reporting, and FACTs Tuition Management System for Student Billing and Remittance.
* Responsible for ensuring payments received for tuition and incidental charges are updated timely in Blackbaud (student billing system) and reconciled to FACTS/other, and the operating bank account.
* Reconcile all operating accounts, which includes and not limited to ensuring all checks, cash and credit card transactions submitted to the business office are accounted for.
* Reconcile all payments received (development, afterschool programs, day camp, etc ).
Job Title Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
* 5+ Years of Accounting and Payroll experience; highly desired
* Experience in a non-profit organization or independent school; highly desired
* Financial modeling and forecasting skills.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.