Job Number: 2156730
Our client, a fast and growing company in Petaluma, is seeking a full-time Accounting/HR Specialist to join their team.
- Processes employee payroll to include Paychecks, Wage Garnishments, Federal, State, EDD withholding; Prepare Quarterly Tax Reports
- Accounts Payable /Weekly Reconcile shipping docs against invoices and process payments
- New Employment / Employee Activities to include maintain forms required to process new employee (binder/forms), new employee orientation. Prepare separation notices and related documentation
- Administers benefits programs to include enrollment such as medical, dental and disability insurances, 401K plans, FTO, Leave of Absence and Employee Assistance
- Keeps records of benefits plans, participation, medical - dental insurance and 401K plans, and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting
- Oversees the company Safety Program, to include but not limited to scheduling of quarterly safety meetings, publishing of minutes, accident reporting and action items. Manages employee training records; Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier. Posts and reports per OSHA requirements
- 4+ years of experience working in an office/administrative environment
- 2+ years of Accounting and/or HR experience preferred
- Certification in Administration, HR or Accounting ideal but not required
- Excellent computer and technical skills (knowledge of MS Office Suite required)
- Willing to work as part of a team but also be self-motivated
- Detail oriented and able to navigate through multiple task at a time
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.