- Location: Napa
- Salary: US$55000.00 - US$60000.00 per year per year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 15 days ago
Job Number: 2165434
Job Title: Accounting Specialist
Location: Napa, CA
Our E-Commerce based client is headquartered in Northern California, with a state-of-the-art warehouse located in South Napa. They are a licensed retailer, wholesaler, and importer in the wine industry. They are currently looking to expand by adding a skilled and enthusiastic Accounting Specialist to the Finance team.
The Accounting Specialist will support financial reporting and decision-making by collecting, analyzing, investigating, and reconciling financial data across a range of transactions with a particular emphasis on Accounts Receivable.
The ideal candidate should have 3+ years' experience in a mid to large-sized company environment and a solid understanding of general accounting. Prior experience with an E-Commerce business will be helpful in this role. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing company with significant room for career advancement.
* Monitor accounts receivable and complete credit card and cash reconciliations
* Review and manage merchant account transactions, fees, chargebacks, and discrepancies
* Assist with the monthly customer storage billing process including invoice creation, payments, customer account updates, and collections activities
* Work closely with the service, procurement, and sales teams to address customer requests, billing inquiries and special needs
* Assist with month end close and bank reconciliation process
* Prepare monthly reports by collecting and summarizing data, analyzing, and investigating variances, and identifying trends
* Perform monthly and quarterly journal entries and account reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner
* Assist with the preparation of sales tax reports and remittances
* Ensure complete and accurate data integration across ERP, E-Commerce and payment processing systems (NetSuite, Magento, Stripe)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* BA/BS with emphasis in Business or Accounting preferred
* Three+ years of experience in accounting
* Advanced Excel skills including V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, etc.
* Experience with NetSuite strongly desired
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Strong problem solving, multitasking, analysis, and customer service skill
Job Title: Accounting Specialist/AR
Location: Napa, CA
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.