Job Number: 2164977
- Types drafts and finished documents of a variety of materials from written or oral instruction, shorthand or transcription equipment, including correspondence, reports, charts, and other materials that may be technical or may include confidential information.
- Composes routine correspondence on own initiative, or from brief notes or oral instructions. Initiates correspondence required for own area of responsibility.
- Proofreads typed or printed work and checks records and reports for grammatical construction, completeness, clerical and typing accuracy, and for compliance with established standards and special instruction.
- Responds to questions, inquiries and complaints regarding departmental policies, procedures, and practices, ensuring the appropriate distribution and release of information designated as confidential.
- Prepares reports and may compose appropriate written responses to inquiries and complaints where the information may be gathered from several sources or may be difficult to organize and compile; searches records and provides factual data from information on file.
- Coordinates overall office activities and workflow; performs administrative detail, such as coordinating and scheduling activities related to assigned program responsibility; coordinates activities to ensure timely submission of documents or information that may be required of several staff personnel to complete a major project; and acts as liaison between departments and other agencies.
- May participate in the interview and selection of full-time clerical employees; may provide lead direction and training to a group of full-time clerical employees; may provide input regarding performance for employee evaluations.
- Arranges meetings, Department events and schedules appointments; receives visitors and calls for information requests, directing caller or relaying information to the appropriate parties; makes travel arrangements and conference reservations; may open, sort and distribute mail; monitors office supplies and maintains designated levels.
- May provide administrative support in departmental budget preparation and budget monitoring activities.
- Establishes and maintains logs, filing and other recordkeeping systems.
- For relief or training purposes, may be assigned clerical or secretarial activities of other personnel.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.