Be the primary person responsible for answering phones and receiving visitors.
Welcome visitors with warmth and enthusiasm. Be comfortable juggling multiple
conversations and tasks with visitors, callers, and email communicators simultaneously.
* Keep the administrative offices and campus common areas stocked and organized.
* Ensure all team and community members have the tools, supplies, and snacks to be
successful. Help people understand where they can find the items they need, and
who to go to for their needs.
* Manage supplies, purchase orders, shipments/deliveries, facilities use requests,
calendar and schedule updates, general voicemail box, and other administration
needs of the school's administrative office/leadership team.
* Maintain & organize mailroom and guest reception area on a daily
basis. Disseminate mail, packages, overnight deliveries, etc.
* Attend to minor first aid needs for students.
* Work on the team to manage logistics related to campus transportation services for
students/staff/faculty, including train, buses, shuttles and vans. Transportation
responsibilities include routes, scheduling, registration, payments, tracking, and
related updates / changes, including annual planning and daily operations.
* Help plan and execute visitor meetings / tours.
* Support the regular aftercare and enrichment programs and teams, including
student participants and their parents.
* Support the seasonal weekend and summer programs and teams, including student
participants and their parents and educator participants.
* Support the Executive Assistants and Division Assistants as needed with special
projects and events.
* Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant administrative work experience.
* Personable, positive, helpful personality; customer service mindset.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Maturity, judgment, and emotional stability.
* Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to solve problems with creativity, professionalism, tact and kindness.
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
* Ability to manage competing demands, and adapt to frequent or unexpected changes.
* Compassionate and empathetic.
* Trustworthy and loyal. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Proactive and self-directed.
* Experience using multi-line phones, Google Applications, MS Office applications,
hand-held radios, and general office equipment.
* Prior school administration experience is a plus.
* At least 2 years of Reception and/or Administrative Assistant experience desired.