- Location: Fremont
- Salary: US$64000.00 - US$73000.00 per year per year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 15 days ago
Job Number: 2155461
Fremont and San Ramon
We are one of the San Francisco Bay Area's 10 largest real estate investment companies. This well-established company has over 80 years of combined operational experience and owns or operates numerous properties including office and industrial buildings, shopping centers, and apartment complexes. Holdings are in the five Western States, but primarily in the East Bay. We are a privately held company that strives to balance professionalism and integrity with a relaxed work environment.
Our Maintenance Services division has a crew that does paving at all our properties. We specialize in asphalt, grading, seal coating, crack sealing, asphalt patching, repair and striping.
The position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the asphalt paver. This position preps sub grade, operates paving equipment to spread and grade hot mix paving material on subgrade of parking lots and streets with the aid of stakes and level gauges to ensure mix is placed to the proper grade and thickness, and roll/compact, order materials, coordinate and direct trucks delivering hot mix.
* Ensure operators maintain equipment and document usage
* Must understand job layouts, project specifications, blue prints, grade sheets, signage, GPS
* Must have basic computer skills
* Read/Interpret blueprints
* Knowledge of various forming system and applications
* Ability to correctly set anchor bolts and place rebar in framework
* Working knowledge of elevations and site layout
* Correctly installing and consolidating concrete framework
* Assessing and eliminating potential safety hazards
* Proper installations of sand, clay, limestone, etc.
* Operate the paver and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
* Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
* Preheat paving screed as needed and monitor temperature settings of the asphalt mixture.
* Manually light burners to start paver units and regulate screed temperature.
* Operate the Paver controls to lower the screed auger, control the hopper, and navigate direction of paver.
* Align the paving machine into position when receiving asphalt by dump truck, and maintain constant flow of asphalt into hopper; ease paver forward, safely pushing dump truck along construction surface.
* Observe distribution of paving materials along screed and control the direction of the screed to prevent voids at curbs and joints.
* Align paver appropriately to the work area, and ensure proper application of the hot mix, smoothing it evenly to the desired height, width, and depth
* Attach extensions to screed to adjust width
* Regulate temperature of asphalt flowing from hopper
* Train new employees in the safe and efficient operation of the Paver & other heavy equipment.
* Must have solid understanding of, and comply with the principles of the company's Code of Ethics.
* Must examine situations in light of the principles of the Code of Ethics.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
Minimum 5 years' experience as a Paver in the Asphalt Paving industry
* Knowledge of Paver and other heavy equipment.
* Knowledge road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements.
* Ability to troubleshoot and solve minor mechanical issues in the field, at the shop and at the yard.
· Background Screen
· DMV Record Screen
· Drug Screen
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.