Job Number: 2168910
Asphalt Team Leader
We are one of the Bay Area's 10 largest real estate investment companies. Our Maintenance Services division has a crew that does paving at all our properties. We specialize in asphalt, grading, seal coating, crack sealing, asphalt patching, repair and striping.
At least 4-5 years of asphalt and paving experience and managing a field crew in the effective and safest way to manage all phases of asphalt use.
The position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the asphalt paver. This position preps sub grade, operates paving equipment to spread and grade hot mix paving material on subgrade of parking lots and streets with the aid of stakes and level gauges to ensure mix is placed to the proper grade and thickness, and roll/compact, order materials, coordinate and direct trucks delivering hot mix.
* Ensure operators maintain equipment and document usage
* Must understand job layouts, project specifications, blue prints, grade sheets, signage, GPS
* Must have basic computer skills
* Read/Interpret blueprints
* Knowledge of various forming system and applications
* Ability to correctly set anchor bolts and place rebar in framework
* Working knowledge of elevations and site layout
* Correctly installing and consolidating concrete framework
* Assessing and eliminating potential safety hazards
* Proper installations of sand, clay, limestone, etc.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.