- Location: Petaluma
- Salary: Up to US$20.00 per hour per hour
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 3 days ago
Job Number: 2164398
Assembles by hand or using hand tools or portable powered tools or operates equipment as necessary to produce or process products. Products may include, but are not limited to, small products, light subassemblies, and/or complete units of a smaller size. May be assigned to different workstations as production needs require or shift from one station to another to reduce fatigue factor. May repair units that fail to meet specifications.
Job Responsibilities but not limited to:
· Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
· Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
· Light Industrial Assembly
· Uses hand tools and small power tools to assemble unit
· Retrieval, inspection, assembly, cleaning, and packaging
· Inventory maintenance
· Accurately fill out required production records
· Initiate and communicate ideas for process improvement
· Practice proper FIFO (First In, First Out) procedures
· All material picking must be requested from a material handler and not pulled by any assemblers.
· High school degree or equivalent with a minimum of 4-5 years of related assembly experience preferred
· Strong communication skills preferred
· Must be able to work from drawings and operating instructions, have a good mechanical aptitude with math, reading, and communication proficiency
· Basic knowledge of "5S" and lean manufacturing preferred
· Prior manufacturing experience is a strong plusAbility to lift 40 lbs. (10-15 times weekly) preferred
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.