Assemblers / Start ASAP
- Location: Union City
- Salary: US$17.00 - US$25.50 per hour per hour
- Job Type:Contract
Posted 15 days ago
Job Number: 2155592
Job Title: Assemblers
Location: Union City, Ca.
Compensation: $17 per hour +10 hours a week O.T. at $25.50 per hour - 9 am start time M-F 10 hour days.
This position is responsible for setting-up necessary fixture component parts per the job submittal drawings and work orders for assigned product lines for linear, simple builds. The ideal candidate must be comfortable following instructions of Production Leads and Supervisors and use hand and/or power tools to assemble units according to product specifications.
· Set-up required components in the fixtures per the job submittal drawings.
· Assist in loading fixtures to the tables with co-workers.
· Attend mandatory training sessions.
· Assist in processing jobs in staging department, when needed.
· Meet introductory productivity standards after standard training period.
· Effectively communicate with other workers and leads.
· Perform other job related duties as required.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum one-year experience in a manufacturing and warehousing environment.
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
· Ability to discriminate between colors for lead identification.
· Must display high level of attention to detail.
· Able to work in a fast paced environment.
· Able to stand for a long period of time.
· Able to use basic hand tools (screwdriver, wire cutters, pneumatic air tools, broom & dustpan, vacuum).
· Ability to work extended work hours in a non-climate controlled warehouse.
· Able to lift up to 40 lbs. using proper lifting techniques, as well as ability to push, pull, grasp, kneel, and reach per job requirements.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.