- Location: Petaluma, Sonoma, California
- Salary: US $100,000.00 - US $120,000.00 per year per year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 4 days ago
Job Number: 2159997
Job Title: Assistant Controller
After seeing huge growth in their sales and distribution network, our client, an award-winning food manufacturer, is seeking an Assistant Controller to develop their accounting team and help take the company to the next level. This role will manage the day to day operations of the accounting team and look for improvements across the department related to accounting processes. Within this growing team you will also work with the Purchasing and Manufacturing department as well as the Sales and Accounts Receivables team. The Assistant Controller will report to the Controller and will have direct contact with key personnel at all staff levels.
* Oversees management of accounting functions including but not limited to inventory, accounts receivable, manufacturer chargebacks, and fixed assets.
* Maintains and reconciles general ledger accounts.
* Reviews and approves journal entries.
* Assists with inventory cost accounting function and line of business margin analysis. Includes on-site manufacturing as well as co-manufacturers.
* Reviews bank reconciliations.
* Reviews fixed asset ledgers, ensures all items are properly capitalized and depreciated.
* Oversees month-end close.
* Co-coordinates and ensures accuracy and timeliness of internal and external financial reporting.
* Oversees development, implementation, and enforcement of accounting systems, policies, and procedures and internal controls to ensure high accounting standards, maximize protection of company assets, and increase efficiencies.
* Assists with coordination of annual independent audit and preparation of annual tax documents.
* Enhances the department's overall technological experience as related to recording transactions and process flow
* Assists in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
* Assists in preparation of reports required by regulatory agencies.
* Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field required.
* CPA required.
* 2-7 years of progressive accounting experience as a senior-level accountant, with management; highly preferred
* Manufacturing industry experience, with an emphasis on cost and inventory accounting.
* Experience with NetSuite; highly desired
* Experience with internal controls and audit background required.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office; advance Excel
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.