Job Number: 2154536
San Jose, CA
Experienced Audit Senior
Our client is growing and looking to hire an Experienced Audit Senior who has experience working with construction and for-profit entities specifically. Bring your upbeat attitude, collaborative mentality, and out-of-the-box creative thinking to add exponential value to our clients and to our company morale and culture.
Our client is one of the largest local CPA firms in the Silicon Valley serving a broad range of industries. They offer the resources found in larger firms, with the opportunities and culture of a mid-sized regional firm. They provide their team members with:
- Best-in-class virtual and in-person training, mentoring, and leadership development programs to support your professional growth at each stage of your career path
- Comprehensive benefits package including a generous time-off policy for CPAs
- Flexible hours and the ability to manage your own schedule including working from home
- Creative opportunities to contribute and collaborate in your work and on projects to enhance your skills and to drive the firm to be best in class
- Employee engagement is important to us! We use different platforms to keep you connected with your peers and co-workers, while working remotely, or in our San Jose office
- The opportunity to participate in a number of civic associations focused on community causes throughout the year
- Bonus for passing the CPA exam within 2 years of start date
Primary Responsibilities of the Role
- Design and execute tailored client engagement programs, including testing and assessing internal controls
- Prepare and monitor time and cost budgets
- Prepare and review financial statements with disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP requirements
- Able to keep multiple engagements progressing simultaneously and in the proper priority
- Work closely with the engagement team and perform the various phases of an audit, review and compilation engagement.
- Effectively supervise audit staff through planning, fieldwork, draft reports and complete engagement wrap up by training staff, assigning and delegating tasks, setting budgets and reviewing assigned tasks.
- Evaluate the performance of audit staff and coach them by providing on-the-job training.
- Effectively and appropriately communicate with senior-level clients with the ability to gather data for engagements
- Consistently research and stay current on the latest audit and accounting standards
Required Education and Experience
- Prior experience working with construction companies and other for-profit entities strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel & Word)
- CPA license preferred or actively studying for the CPA exam
- Minimum 3 years of experience in public accounting
- Experience using ProSystems Engagement software is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to interface with clients and internally. Maintain professional demeanor and confidence communicating with clients
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personable and able to work well in a team environment
- Familiarity with internal controls documentation
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.