Job Number: 2169047
A Global Purveyor of beer, wine and spirits and nationally-recognized Importer is seeking a temp-to-perm Import Specialist to work in their Irvine, CA office.
Summary of Position:
The Import Specialist: organizes, coordinates, and executes all logistical activities to ensure the continued and future success of our supply chain. Efficiently organizes the purchase, shipment, and receipt of our products throughout the US, ensuring that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at the approved pricing. Successfully manages ocean freight companies, domestic freight companies, and brokers, monitoring that products are received just-in-time receipt. Must be an effective communicator with foreign suppliers and domestic distributor/retail customers.
- Processes all purchase orders to international suppliers and monitors and manages product delivery to our warehouses and domestic distributors, optimizing the value chain for the Company.
- Negotiates ocean freight rates and manages all supply chain ocean logistics, including customs clearance, ensuring the timely release and pick-up to the ultimate destination.
- Develops and manages the supply chain across Asia, Europe, Central America and South Pacific to achieve the most cost-effective & timely logistic response when moving product from the supplier to the customer (distributor or retailer). Sources & negotiates domestic freight if required seeking cost efficiency.
- Tracks all OPEN Purchase orders in coordination with supplier production schedules, MOQ's and product staging at foreign producers. Provides info support to the Sales Department in anticipation of meeting promotional activities, ad's and required "In Store Dates" set by Retail Customers.
- Manages Communication with all providers to provide a smooth uninterrupted flow of products from foreign suppliers to wholesale and retail customers across the US.
- Remains in constant communication with all other departments, "bridging" to facilitate all aspects of the business, ensuring timely identification/resolution of problems.
Successful Candidates for this role must possess:
- Experienced import logistics management that has a proven track record of reducing transportation/warehousing costs while maximizing sales/timely product delivery.
- IMPECCABLE ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- Extremely well organized, able to muli-task with a strong ability to set & manage priorities & Drive for RESULTS
- Effective communicator with all departments
- Strong accounting skills and experience.
- Anticipatory, forensic problem solver.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel.
- Great Plains/Sage/Mas 200 experience a plus.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Technologically savvy.
- Collaborative, participative management style.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills--has the ability to work with diverse personalities, is tactful, mature; facilitates and provides positive reinforcement.
- Exemplary work ethic with a desire to become an "expert" in this field
- Able to recognize and support the organization's priorities and preferences.
- Strong communication/presentation skills, written and verbal.
- Results oriented with the ability to balance customer service levels/other business considerations.
- Bi-lingual- Spanish a plus
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.