- Location: Santa Rosa
- Salary: Negotiable per hour
- Job Type:Contract
Posted about 1 month ago
Job Number: 2162073
Coordinate and administer various employee and retiree group benefit programs including life, health and disability insurance plans, flexible spending accounts, workers compensation and leave of absence.
Employee Benefits: 50%
· Coordinate enrollment, additions, deletions or changes to employee and retiree benefit coverage.
· Coordinate and process COBRA including notification, enrollment, file set-up, premium collection and cancellation.
· Coordinate the presentation of benefits information to employees through memos, articles, meetings, and orientations.
· Coordinate annual Open Enrollment including communications, enrollments, deletions or changes to employee coverage.
· Advise managers, supervisors and employees regarding related Human Resource practices and programs.
· Ensure proper benefits claims filing and problem resolution through contact with third party vendors including insurance companies, brokers, third party administrators, and record keepers.
· Set up approved new plans and changes by drafting announcement materials, booklets, and other media to inform employees.
· Conduct employee meetings and arrange for enrollment of employees in optional plans.
· Conduct retiree meetings and arrange for enrollment and set-up premium payment methods.
· Revise and reissue all communications material on benefits as needed.
· Reconcile and ensure timely payment of monthly group benefits billings.
· Input and maintain current information regarding employee and retiree benefits on systems as appropriate.
· Generate reports identifying benefit information, statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers, and management.
· Resolve problems and respond to benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous service.
· Maintain contact in person, by phone or by mail, with insurance companies, employees, retirees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits.
· Work with wellness team to identify needs, select programs and events, and implement wellness program strategy and events.
Leave of Absence Administration: 30%
· Communicate and document leave of absence information in compliance with Bank policy and federal, state and regulatory requirements.
· Provide guidance and counsel to employees and managers regarding type of leave, required documentation and disability pay.
· Periodically review compensation, benefit and leave methods and procedures and recommend improvements.
Workers Compensation Administration: 10%
· Inform employees of workers compensation rights and procedures.
· Report workers compensation claims, provide supporting documentation to insurer and follow up with employee to ensure proper care and follow-up with insurer and/or broker to resolve outstanding issues.
· Perform ergonomic evaluations of employee workstations including recommendations for changes and purchase of workstation equipment.
Non-Essential Functions: 10%
· Serve as backup for retirement plan administration.
· Perform special projects and research as assigned.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Core Job Specific Competencies:
· Accuracy/Quality: Achieves a high standard with work processes and outcomes; completes tasks with a concern for all the details involved; monitors and checks work for precision, clarity, and completeness; produces quality results.
· Analytical Thinking: Divides an object or issue into its component parts in order to understand how they interrelate; recognizes cause and effect relationships; considers several explanations/plans and makes logical conclusions.
· Continuous Learning: Takes responsibility for own learning and development by acquiring and refining of technical and professional skills needed in job related areas; proactively seeks performance feedback and identifies approaches to improve own performance.
· Customer Service: Provides internal and external customers with the products and services that match their needs in a timely, efficient manner; follows up on customer complaints, questions, and requests.
· Dependability: Makes self available for work on a consistent and timely basis with infrequent unplanned absences; completes work in a timely manner; meets commitments with minimal oversight.
· Presentation/Facilitation: Communicates in a variety of formal and informal settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and management, both inside and outside the Bank; commands attention and manages the group process during presentation; modifies tactics in reaction to participant feedback; encourages participation and communication of thoughts and feelings from others.
· Prioritization/Time Management: Assesses multiple tasks or issues which are competing for a limited amount of time or resources and determines the order in which each will be addressed; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity; tracks both completed and incomplete activities.
· Verbal Communication: Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations adjusting style and methods to meet the specific needs of the audience; attentively listens to others to gather data and paraphrase meaning to verify understanding.
· Written Communication: Uses correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; communicates information (for example: facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner; produces written information, which may include technical material that is appropriate for the intended audience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of benefits administration including COBRA.
· Knowledge of workers compensation regulations.
· Current knowledge of federal and state leave of absence laws.
· Current knowledge of California and federal labor related laws, rules and regulations.
· Skills in operating a personal computer including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, HRMS and other automated systems.
· Ability to speak Spanish desirable.
· Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, walk, twist and turn.
· Ability to lift up to 15 pounds occasionally.
· Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
· Work environment is indoors, majority of the time is spent sitting at a desk.
Education and Experience:
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; and knowledge typically gained through a minimum of two years experience in human resources including benefits administration.
This position description is subject to change and other functions may be assigned at management's discretion. I reviewed and discussed this position description and understand that it does not represent an employment contract.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.