Job Number: 2164161
Bilingual Benefits Support
Location: Moraga - Hybrid
- Management of ongoing client service relationships for up to 30-50 clients.
- Maintain open and clear communication channels with clients, producers and internal partners.
- *Communicate due dates, timelines and expectations to clients and partners to ensure smooth transitions and implementation of benefits.
- Identify problems, summarize and develop strategic solutions.
- Install new group insurance contracts for existing clients or new clients, effectively utilizing resources to match client needs.
- Administer annual renewals including preparing proposals if appropriate and communicating any contractual changes to the clients and carriers.
- As directed by Account Executive, conduct employee meetings at Open Enrollment and other appropriate times.
- Gather documents required to prepare annual 5500 filings if applicable and ensure submission in a timely manner. Provide summary annual reports for clients.
- Inform clients of ERISA, COBRA, FMLA/CFRA and other leaves, and other benefits compliance measures. Review and assist clients to complete the Benefits Disclosure Compliance calendar annually.
- Develop employee memorandum drafts and Benefits Booklets for clients to communicate the following: annual renewal changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or clarifications.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships. Assist client/employee with unresolved benefits matters, including eligibility and claims issues.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Remain informed regarding industry information and new product information.
- Expected to further industry education through insurance coursework
- Benefits Compliance and ACA knowledge
- Establish effective working relationships with internal partners, clients (and their employees) and carriers.
- Demonstrate a "whatever it takes" attitude to ensure client satisfaction and to support key company initiatives.
- Work with internal partners, clients and carriers to ensure accurate and timely response to all outstanding issues.
- Work with all clients and partners in a manner that fosters mutual respect and teamwork.
- Respond to requests from all clients and partners by stated timeframes.
- Project a professional image in action and appearance.
- Consistently be on time for work and all scheduled meeting and training classes.
- Review emails within 24 hours, client voicemails within 2-4 hours if message is left during the work day.
- Prior group health benefits experience required.
- 4-year college degree or industry specific designation preferred.
- Must currently hold Life and Health insurance license and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements, or must obtain CA insurance license within 90 days of employment. The company will cover the costs of the licensing process.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Indesign or comparable marketing software a plus
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to self-check work.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Task oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work load.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated, creative and innovative.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Spanish language skills required
- Competitive compensation plus bonus and generous benefits package.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.