Job Number: 2165074
Bill of Material / Product Data Specialist
A highly successful and innovative company, manufacturing equipment that is a clean, quiet, zero-emission alternative is expanding!
BOM, Costing and Product Data Management Specialist is an important role reporting to the engineering organization but interfacing with supply management, organizations. Key objectives will be to:
Create and maintain Bill of Materials for current and new products to improve the accuracy of MRP plans and establish costing on new and current products.
Create and maintain material data necessary for all functions including engineering, supply management, manufacturing and customer service
Create and maintain vehicle configurations and SKUs
Facilitate design release and change management
Generate necessary reports
The position will be based in Santa Rosa. This role will report to the director of product engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with cross functional teams to create the BOM for new products and to facilitate the introduction of the new products and changes to current products.
- Creates and enters codes in the MRP system for materials in accordance with existing guides and regulations.
- Be the local lead for enterprise ERP/PLM system implementation
- Informs and collaborates with other departments to complete the technical information of the components of the products.
- Maintains records for ongoing projects and provide reports as requested.
- Reviews BOM to ensure they are complete and accurate prior to releasing them and during the life of the products.
- Modify BOM as necessary when changes in suppliers, usages or materials is required.
- Verify accuracy of standards used in BOMS and communicate when updates are necessary.
- Communicate changes effectively to the organization
- Supports with cost analysis for new and existing products
- Leads/supports BOM audits for developmental and production builds
Detail and accuracy oriented
Proficient in ERP systems; Proficiency in NetSuite highly preferred.
Excellent organizational skills
·Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience in manufacturing industry.
Proven experience in developing and maintaining BOMs and supporting cross-functional teams. in data and analysis needs
Strong documentation and analytical skills.
Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.