Job Number: 2156993
Busy Accounting Department in need of a Bookkeeper to join their team. This is a great opportunity for a 1-3 year professional to gain hands on experience and exposure to the company's accounting fundamentals. A more experienced individual would also have the opportunity to expand their skillset in the property management industry.
- Post monthly rents; deposit tenant checks
- Print invoices and apply payments and update accounts
- Month end AR reconciliation; prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Compile monthly financial packages for various properties
- Process payable invoices for assigned properties; record electronic payments
- Produce and post transfer checks from property cash accounts
- Assist property managers with their accounting questions and solve problems
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 years' Bookkeeping experience with an emphasis in accounts payable/receivable
- Accounting degree or certificate preferred
- Excellent attention to detail; organized and accurate.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to write clear and concise business correspondence.
- Working knowledge of Windows XP and Microsoft Office; proficient in Excel.
- Working knowledge of Yardi accounting software a plus.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.