- Location: San Rafael, Marin, California
- Salary: US$28.00 - US$32.00 per year per year
- Job Type:Part Time
Posted 16 days ago
Job Number: 2159948
Job Title: Bookkeeper/Payroll Clerk
Location: San Rafael
We are looking for a dynamic bookkeeper/payroll clerk to support our client in San Rafael. This local non-profit is dedicated to supporting the community and would like the next person to join their team to have the same passion. Ideally you will have 2-3 years experience as a bookkeeper with knowledge of payroll. In this role you will also support their team by contributing, implementing and maintaining training manuals in regard to the payroll process. This opportunity is currently part-time and could be full-time for the right individual, minimum 30h/week.
Job Title Responsibilities:
* Responsible for full cycle of payroll processing duties on biweekly schedule.
* Post payroll and vacation allocations to general ledger to be reviewed by Accounting Manager
* Manage employer contributions to benefit plans
* Prepare and post month end journal entries
Job Title Requirements:
* 2-3 years' bookkeeping or accounting experience with a focus on payroll processing, AR/AP
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Proficiency in QuickBooks
* Associate Degree or relevant bookkeeping certificate; highly desired
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.