- Location: Napa
- Salary: US$25.00 - US$30.00 per hour + Pay range
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted about 1 month ago
Job Number: 2175245
* Perform twice daily sanitation procedures
* Set up, change over and maintain operation of bottling equipment
* Confirm quality product output
* Interface with clients about the planning, staging and maintenance of daily production
* Pack up and transport bottling line on move days
* Troubleshoot equipment issues as they arise
* Perform regular maintenance of bottling equipment
* Identify larger maintenance projects
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 2 years' experience with bottling, packaging, or processing lines, or as a maintenance mechanic.
* Familiarity with cellar operations helpful
* Strong communication skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Able to work in a team environment
* Able to work extended shifts and occasional Saturdays
* Able to stand for extended periods of time
* Able to lift 25 pounds
* Valid CA driver's license, Class B helpful, with insurable driving record
Following is a list of quantifiable tasks and skills which, in addition to those published for Junior Operator, are included in the Review Metric for this position:
* Able to set up and maintain operation for all packages on both styles of R&G, non-standard or atypical packages may require some direction.
* Able to identify typical issues with/idiosyncrasies of both styles of R&G and make appropriate adjustments.
* Able to set up and maintain run for typical packages in the pit OR at the labeler (regularly assigned station). Non-standard or atypical packages may require some direction.
* Able to identify typical issues with/idiosyncrasies of equipment at regularly assigned station and make appropriate adjustments.
* Able to cover regularly assigned position on at least one other truck.
* Able to identify previously seen elements in novel set ups and apply previous actions to novel set up.
* Solicits assistance from Manager when dealing with persistent equipment or raw material issues. Communication is timely.
* Able to discern difference between equipment and raw material issues.
* Able to trouble shoot case taper.
* Able to trouble shoot Nitrogen Generators and their air compressors.
* Reacts appropriately to disruption of bottling flow.
* Engages in regular preventative maintenance by cleaning and greasing assigned equipment.
* Aware of details outside of regular station as related to bottling plan.
* Refers to Work Orders to gather information for run and provides input on ordering lots.
* Able to track place in bottling day.
* Understands effect of breaks on bottling plan and how to appropriately shift timing.
* Contributes to running Maintenance List.
* Able to disconnect power in typical situations that have either a knife-switch or a 480V plug.
* Collaborates with team.
* Demonstrates an understanding of company policies and the intention behind them.
* Communicates with clients in a manner that demonstrates respect for the client's position, as well as company's dedication to customer service.
* Communicates disruptions to bottling plan in a timely manner to Manager and Client
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.