Job Number: 2173763
Business Development Manager
Responsible for business development and client retention for the specified geographical region. Manages and expands business relationships with targeted prospects and existing clients.
Main Functions Include:
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
* Acting on behalf of Nelson Connects, generates and develops new business to meet objective specified measurable production goals including, but not limited to; gross profit growth in temporary, direct hire and temp to hire business, while also cross selling other business units into these new relationships.
* Creates and implements a sales action plan with objectives and business impactful strategies to increase revenue and aggressively acquire new accounts.
* Independently maintains and nurtures existing client relationships including, but not limited to; performing quarterly client satisfaction checks and fully leveraging the client revenue and gross profit opportunity
* Works with various Nelson Connects divisions to effectively cross sell into Nelson Connects client relationships.
* Maintains quality company records in eRecruit.
* Functions as liaison between client companies and operations staff.
* Negotiates contracts and work agreements making business impactful on behalf of Nelson Connects.
* Acting on behalf of Nelson Connects, independently develops customer relations including, but not limited to; sales leads, research, cold calling, qualifying leads, developing leads, and customer service.
* Generates weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, tracking work as specified by manager.
* Responsible for participating in important business/trade events, representing and acting on behalf of Nelson Connects, where knowledge gained is implemented to improve business impactful strategies among business unit.
* Possesses thorough knowledge of staffing industry product information.
* Possesses thorough knowledge of local competition, and knowledge of prevalent industry and business climate within the region.
* Possesses excellent organizational, problem resolution, consultative sales, verbal and written communication skills.
* May be responsible for performing Work Site Safety Evaluations for new and existing clients, with assistance from Safety and Risk, as needed.
* Promotes company endorsed programs and services within assigned territory.
* Possesses excellent phone manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent.
* One to two years related experience or equivalent.
* Knowledge of recruiting practices preferred.
* Proven track record of success with previous company where career was tenured.
* Commitment to excellence and high standards.
* Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
* Intermediate level of compatibility with navigating through social media.
* Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
* Acute attention to detail.
* Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels.
* Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
* Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups.
* Strong with geographical organization and time management skills.
* Able to sit/stand at a computer workstation for duration of the workday
* Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.