Job Number: 2155642
Seeking a Business Development Manager for our Napa and Santa Rosa offices to join the Nelson Family of Companies. Manages and expands business relationships with targeted prospects and existing clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acting on behalf of Nelson, generates and develops new business to meet objective specified measurable production goals including, but not limited to; gross profit growth in temporary, direct hire and temp to hire business, while also cross selling other business units into these new relationships.
- Creates and implements a sales action plan with objectives and business impactful strategies to increase revenue and aggressively acquire new accounts.
- Independently maintains and nurtures existing client relationships including, but not limited to; performing quarterly client satisfaction checks and fully leveraging the client revenue and gross profit opportunity
- Works with various Nelson divisions to effectively cross sell into Nelson client relationships.
- Functions as liaison between client companies and operations staff.
- Negotiates contracts and work agreements making business impactful on behalf of Nelson.
- Acting on behalf of Nelson, independently develops customer relations including, but not limited to; sales leads, research, cold calling, qualifying leads, developing leads, and customer service.
- Generates weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, tracking work as specified by manager.
- Responsible for participating in important business/trade events, representing and acting on behalf of Nelson, where knowledge gained is implemented to improve business impactful strategies among business unit.
- Possesses excellent organizational, problem resolution, consultative sales, verbal and written communication skills.
- May be responsible for performing Work Site Safety Evaluations for new and existing clients, with assistance from Safety and Risk, as needed.
- Possesses excellent phone manner.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.