Job Number: 2171010
We are a seeking a ROCK START BUYER for a highly successful manufacturer in Union City! Strong compensation package including annual bonus and OUTSTANDING benefits!
The Buyer will support the manufacturing team and is responsible to forecast, schedule, monitor and purchase materials to ensure goals are met. You will also assist the Purchasing Director with sourcing, process improvements, issue and evaluate RFQs, supplier negotiations, cost reduction opportunities and overall supplier management. Experience in purchasing sheet metal and extrusion materials is a great plus!
- Responsible for procurement and planning business system data input and integrity. Maintain all procurement related parameters in system.
- Set up methods to be used to maintain appropriate levels of supplies using re-order methodology.
- Coordinates purchasing and planning activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Coordinate purchasing activities with cross functional teams to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner. May provide cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis or alternative sourcing.
- Review, analyze, and processes purchase requisitions, purchase change orders and requests for quotes to suppliers with a strong emphasis on timeliness and accuracy.
- Participates in maximizing the procurement teams' changes, part parameters; quote table maintenance, supplier database information, error report analysis, and part number/supplier code information.
- Performs cost analysis and volume planning for assigned commodities, materials, or services.
- Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to negotiate highest quality at best value.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- AA/AS degree plus 3-5 years of related experience; or BA/BS with an emphasis in purchasing, business, or operations, plus 2-3 years of related experiences
- Proven experience with vendor relationship management throughout Purchase Order life cycle including: RFQ, quote analysis, negotiations, administration and performance evaluation.
- Able to negotiate and settle with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, losses, returns, over-shipment, engineering changes, cancellations and experienced handling invoice resolution.
- Proven data visualization, enterprise resource planning, and predictive analytics a plus.
- Experience with materials management using MRP / ERP systems.
- Proficient in use of MS Outlook, Word, & Excel. Report automation (Macro) a plus.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.