Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager and in coordination with the Operations Department, the Buyer/Material Planner
will be a self-motivated problem solver and team player, with responsibilities that include procurement and material
supply/demand planning, executing and managing purchase orders, working and communicating with suppliers, and
forecasting/coordinating inventory management for materials through the life cycle to allow the business to manage
optimal inventory levels.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in supply chain or related, preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in procurement and planning, preferably in a high volume manufacturing
- Working knowledge and experience in MRP/ERP replenishment systems.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, knowledge of supply/demand planning, and project management.
- Must be results-oriented with strong problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Internal and External Relationships
- Internal: Vode Partners and teams in Business Systems, Sales, Client Relations, Special Projects, Operations and Engineering.
- External: Vode's vendors and consultants, and their service, support, and implementation teams. Vode agents,contractors, and external sales.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. The
employee must occasionally crouch, stoop or reach. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Specific Position Duties
1. Forecast, plan, schedule, and monitor the movement of material through the production cycle to determine and
maintain required material purchases.
2. Manage supply and demand requirements.
3. Obtain material using production and engineering schedules to maintain inventory at planned levels.
4. Lead applicable processes to manage inventory and the transition of material through the life cycle.
5. Support material requirements and ensure material availability for new product development, introductions,
launches, and other R&D projects as needed.
6. Prepare and review purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
7. Proactively communicate with suppliers to facilitate on-time arrival of material, extend vendor consignment
inventory and reduce lead times and costs.
8. Facilitate actions according to MRP messages to meet supply challenges.
9. Other assignments and projects and needed.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.