Job Number: 2172584
Work as an integral part of the production team for this large and reputable biotech company. In this role, you will be responsible for processing and mixing chemicals used in the production of life science products that will help advance scientific discovery and improve healthcare.
The ideal candidate is attentive, reliable, a good team player, and takes pride in the quality of their work. No direct experience is required and training is provided! An exciting way to start your career in Biotech today!
- Weighs, measures, prepares and mixes materials to make stock solutions and/or products per work instructions/batch procedures.
- Calculates the amount of material required per work instruction/batch procedure.
- Collects samples and performs inline testing of product, resoles any pH and conductivity issues identified.
- Performs spiking of solutions, adjusts the ratio of materials as needed.
- Maintains timely and accurate records of the production process.
- Labels the prepared solutions and buffers.
- Communicates inventory, planning, and quality issues to supervisor or appropriate department partner.
- Safely disposes of materials and chemical/biologicals.
- Performs basic troubleshooting and repair of equipment, escalating to maintenance, as required.
- Performs transactions in SAP such as goods issued, goods receipt, tracks and records labor hours, inventory transfers, and look-up.
- Reviews and recommends revisions to work instructions and SOPs.
- Recommends process improvements.
- Ensures labs are kept clean and up to 5S standards.
- Identifies and reports potential safety issues.
- Decontaminates, prepares and isolates equipment for maintenance.
- Ensures chemicals are disposed of properly.
- High school diploma required.
- Associate's degree with chemical/biological background or Chemical/biological Processing certification preferred.
- 0-3 years of production experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office tools-Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of ERP systems, SAP a plus.
- Solid Math skills with the ability to convert units of measure and calculate ratios.
- Ability to speak, read and write using business communication skills. (English)
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Detail oriented.
- Basic analytical skills.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.