Clamp Forklift Driver - Material Handler
- Location: Petaluma
- Salary: US$21.00 - US$23.00 per hour hour
- Job Type:Temp to Hire
Posted 15 days ago
Job Number: 2170971
The Warehouse Material Handler position is the mid-level position in the warehouse department. This position requires that the employee demonstrate additional skills and experience required to work effectively and efficiently within the department with little supervision. The goal of all warehouse employees is to exhibit and practice true professionalism at all times when dealing with clients and all co-workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ability to operate skillfully and safely clamp, single and double-blade forklifts in accordance with OSHA, CalOSHA and Purple Brands standards.
· Must be able to perform basic pre-shift forklift inspections.
· Ability to pull, stage and ship case good shipments with 100% accuracy.
· Ability to accurately check in, unload and put away all inbound materials accurately.
· Ability to read, comprehend and as needed record applicable information for BOL's, Pick Tickets, Shipment Order paperwork, etc..
· Ability to conduct forklift operations providing cased glass to the bottling line, and the removal of cased goods from the bottling to staging areas within the warehouse.
· Ability to record and locate case goods to the proper assigned warehouse lanes from the production lanes or within the warehouse lane system to maximize and utilize the optimum use of warehouse space.
· Ability to palletize case goods, perform special projects and able to repeatedly lift up to 50 lb.
· Ability to count and record accurately all case good physical inventories.
· Ability to perform additional duties, as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor and/or Manager.
· Complete understanding and application of safety procedures for assigned work area.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment on a daily basis.
· Maintains a positive and professional attitude at all times.
· Attend and participate in safety trainings, job specific, monthly, tailgate, etc.
· 2+ years of recent Forklift (clamp) operations/experience with previous certification.
· Good math and English reading and writing skills.
· Attention to detail and good organizational skill.
· Ability to work overtime when required.
· Ability to "multi-task" and handle various duties within a work schedule.
· Highly motivated and strives for excellence within the warehouse organization.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.