Job Number: 2164338
Client Service Support Manager for Employee Benefits
- Support Client Executive with ongoing client service relationships for up to 25 clients.
- As directed by Client Executive, support employee Open Enrollment meetings.
- Collect and track Schedules for the annual 5500 filings if applicable and ensure submission in a timely manner.
- Post summary annual reports to client websites.
- Create employee communications and Benefits Booklets for clients to communicate the following: annual renewal changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or clarifications.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships.
- Clearly and accurately explain the basic tenets of all coverage lines.
- Assist client/employee with unresolved benefits matters, including eligibility and claims issues.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Establish effective working relationships with internal partners, clients (and their employees) and carriers.
- Demonstrate a "whatever it takes" attitude to ensure client satisfaction and to support key company initiatives.
- Work with internal partners, clients, and carriers to ensure accurate and timely response to all outstanding issues.
- Work with all clients and partners in a manner that fosters mutual respect and teamwork.
- Respond to requests from all clients and partners by stated timeframes.
- Review emails within 24 hours, client voicemails within 2-4 hours if message is left during the workday.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 4-year college degree or industry specific designation preferred.
- Must currently hold Life and Health insurance license and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements or must obtain CA insurance license within 90 days of employment. The company will cover the costs of the licensing process.
- Benefits Compliance and ACA knowledge
- Prior group health benefits experience required.
- Fluency in Health and Welfare Programs, compliance, administration, billing, eligibility, Section 125 Plans, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA, and Required DOL/IRS Employer Notifications.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Adobe InDesign or comparable marketing software a plus.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Task-oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated, creative, and innovative.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Spanish language skills a plus but not required
- Remain informed regarding industry information and new product information.
- Expected to further industry education through insurance coursework
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.