Job Number: 2175432
Construction Project Manager
Residential, commercial and multi-family construction builder!
Compensation: $82k-$150K plus excellent benefits.
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
We believe that Building a Better Future for clients, employees, trade partners, and each other starts with exceptional leadership and management. As a Project Manager, it is your leadership that will inspire and guide your team, and will fulfill our clients dreams and aspirations, and it will be your leadership that will keep our people safe, motivated, and always learning. Our Project Managers are Mindful, Invested, Sustainable and Passionate in their approach to each project, whether a home, a multi-unit development, a simple addition, or a public building. Each will be managed with the same care and consideration and always embodying our core values. The Project Manager will be responsible for one or more projects ;and will have a dedicated team with whom they will work closely to deliver projects following a detailed and methodical process. Managing risk, budget,and process to achieve these goals is the skill that you will be asked to bring to bear.
- Provide leadership to establish and maintain the effective and harmonious working relationship between owner/client, subcontractors, vendors, designers, engineers, and employees including carpenters, laborers, etc. Promote and maintain I core values, positive project morale, and provide support as necessary.
- Proactively provide context, oversight, and direction throughout all phases of the construction project. Ensure relevant information is communicated to all levels of the project team (onsite and offsite), and continually check for understanding and commitment.
- Identify problems throughout all stages of construction/ pre-construction. Utilize your experience and knowledge as well as engage project team members and outside consultants as appropriate to weigh professional input and provide a clear and concise possible solutions clear and concise possible solution.
- Independently and collaboratively examine the contract drawings, specifications, and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details, and possible code violations. Collaborate with the design team to solve any deficiencies by providing practical solutions and alternatives.
- Independently or in collaboration with the estimator, complete project estimates and/or establish a project budget using standard processes and procedures. Incorporate all tasks required to successfully complete the construction project including but not limited to general conditions, equipment costs, subcontractor costs, material costs, and labor costs. The project budget must include clear and concise detailed notes for presentation to the client, and additional detailed notes as necessary showing the work up of numbers, assumptions, allowances, etc..
- .Coordinate and chair the pre-construction job meeting per standard process and procedures.
- Identify, schedule and lead "milestone" construction job walks (framing, electrical, close-in, etc.)
- Manage and ensure accuracy of all project information including budgets, plans and changes (SK's), change orders, RFI's, RFP's, submittals, and samples per standard processes and procedures.
- Maintain project binders and electronic files per standard processes and procedures.
- Independently establish a detailed project schedule using Microsoft Project software. Schedule must establish all necessary tasks, links, predecessors, and milestones to successfully complete the construction project. The project schedule must evaluate resource allocation, product lead times, specialty shop drawings, the complete submittal process, s.Collaborate directly with the Project Superintendent to develop and maintain the construction program including quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment, and manpower, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all Cal-OSHA/OSHA regulations and implementation of all Construction safety programs including weekly safety meetings, ongoing periodic employee and vendor training, accident reporting, safety infraction documentation, and record keeping.
- Oversee the procurement of all permits and/or licenses necessary to complete the construction project. Independently collaborate with state and local agencies to define requirements and communicate with the project team to ensure those requirements are met. Deliver permit documents to the Project Superintendent in a timely manner.
- Review and code all applicable employee timecards, project invoices, receipts, and tags in a timely manner. Ensure coding and costs correspond to the project budget, contracts, and subcontracts.
- Prepare monthly project billing in accordance with standard processes and procedures.
- Independently manage, track, and report current and projected project financial health and profitability.
- Report weekly to Senior Management to clearly provide a project status update, resource needs, etc.
- Chair and minute weekly construction meetings with owners, owner's representative and/or architect, and other members of the design and construction team as you establish. Issue detailed minutes and action items within 48 hours of the meeting's end.
- Maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project including neighbors and the public.
- Directly supervise, task, and review Project Engineer's work on specific projects.
- Responsible for the overall direction, supervision, coordination, and evaluation of all construction labor and subcontractors.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard construction means and methods from site work to finish.
- Six (6) years related experience, and/or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to plan, supervise, and exercise effective leadership of the project team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate professionally at all levels.
- Fluency in reading Civil, Structural and Architectural plans.
- Fluency in quantity take offs from plans.
- An energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high standards and an appropriate professional image.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.