- Location: San Leandro
- Salary: US$80000.00 - US$95000.00 per year + Benefits, car allowance, bonus, 401k
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 13 days ago
Job Number: 2177152
Field Superintendent - San Leandro, CA
SALARY DEPENDENT UPON EXPERIENCE - $80K-95K with monthly car and phone allowance - annual bonus and terrific benefits!
The Superintendent is responsible for project management of field construction operations in order to achieve timely and profitable completion of each project. You will directly supervise field labor force, including superintendents / laborers / craft workers. This position must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have string communication and client service skills. The right person for this position must have experience with project management and estimating. Will work hand in hand with the the VP of Operations, onsite Property Managers, Maintenance Technicians, Carpenters, and Painters.
The position includes and requires the following:
* Project management experience and estimating experience.
* The candidate must be experienced in contract development, including scope, pricing, contract structure, legal and pricing negotiations.
* Knowledge and experience in commercial and residential construction, specifically multi-housing.
* Must be able to read and understand commercial and industrial blueprints.
* Willingness to spend a high percentage of time in the field and to get hands dirty as needed to complete objectives or find the correct information.
* Strong math, analytical, oral and written communication skills - Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products.
* Travel to & from project locations in East Bay including Fremont, San Leandro, San Ramon, and San Francisco
* Bid projects, create project planners, generate take-offs, estimate costs, submit bid proposals, follow up with bidders, review scopes, negotiate projects, review contracts, generate submittals/Billing/Change Orders.
* Monitor field operations, including schedule, progress, field conditions, quality, and safety.
*Inspection of Contractor or Subcontractor operations to ensure compliance.
* Manage architects and engineers and design consultants through the development process.
* Help bid out jobs with accuracy, speed and efficiency with direction from the VP of Operations.
* Monitor costs, including labor tine & materials.
* Obtain permits for pertinent projects.
* Work with building departments and city inspectors to gain familiarity with certain city requirements, and manage the process of obtaining Building Permits and ongoing permits.
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.