- Location: San Leandro
- Salary: US$140000.00 - US$180000.00 per year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 7 months ago
Job Number: 2175546
Job Title: Controller
Location: San Leandro
The controller is responsible for overseeing all financial operations of the organization, including accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and tax compliance. The Controller will also be responsible for managing the accounting team and ensuring that all financial operations are conducted in accordance with relevant regulations.
Job Title Responsibilities:
· Oversee all financial operations of the organization, including accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and tax compliance.
· Develop and implement financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all relevant financial regulations
· Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting, including monthly financial statements and annual audits
· Lead and supervise the accounting team's performance during the closing process and influence the accuracy and effectiveness of the general ledger system and statements.
· Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
· Prepare and review tax returns and ensure compliance with all relevant tax regulations
· Manage the accounting staff, including hiring, training, and performance evaluation
· Provide guidance and support to other departments on financial matters
Job Title Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field
· 7+ ears of experience in accounting, with at least 3 years in a management role.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Able to organize, plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
· Strong knowledge of GAAP and other relevant financial regulations
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects and meeting deadlines
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.