- Location: Benicia
- Salary: Up to US$15.50 per hour per hour
- Job Type:Contract
Posted 16 days ago
Job Number: 2156561
Job Title: Cork Technician
* Perform sensory analysis.
* Setup cork for sensory.
* Populate Production spreadsheet and related paperwork: Create new entries, enter daily results, and report anomalies to the Lead.
* Assist with training of new technicians.
* Verify correctness of raw and finished cork bales.
* Participate in, and independently develop continuous improvement ideas and translate them into standard work.
* Cleaning activities and other duties as assigned by the Manager.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures including but not limited to performing sensory or setup without causing distraction, adhering to a business-casual dress code, and use of a company-supplied lab coat.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
* Highschool diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
* Ability to manage time effectively and assist the DS100 team with sensory or setup once your daily duties are complete.
* Able to perform and execute basic mathematical calculations, including the use of Excel as a database tool.
* Detail oriented, well organized and ability to work with others cohesively as a team and independently.
* Able to prioritize workload and adjust as necessary to meet the demands of time-sensitive orders.
* Able to contribute to a positive work atmosphere by effectively communicating among team members.
* Familiarity with natural cork used in the wine industry a plus.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.