Customer Access Assistant
- Location: Newark
- Salary: US$21.00 - US$22.00 per hour
- Job Type:Temp to Hire
Posted 11 days ago
Job Number: 2171268
Customer Access Assistant (Contact Center)
$21-$22 per hour
The Health Care (SHC) Enterprise Contact Center (ECC) handles a high-volume of inbound calls, outbound calls, faxes and other communication with patients, providers, clinic staff, and others needing to access health care services at one or multiple SHC departments/clinics. The staff within the ECC is responsible for providing an excellent patient and customer experience by efficiently coordinating services and accurately answering or properly referring inquiries. This is an entry level job.
· Responds to a high-volume of incoming telephone calls and referrals
· Assists patients in registering and canceling appointments
· Accurately documents and routes calls to the proper department
· Identifies urgent customer needs or operational issues, and escalates appropriately
· Efficiently navigates medical records and ensures patient information is up-to-date and accurately entered in the correct location
· Meets all regulatory and compliance standards
· Delivers high-level of customer service
· Follows documented protocols and guidelines
· Meets and exceeds departmental quality assurance standards
· Uses reference documents and online knowledgebase tools to clearly articulate accurate information regarding SHC services
· Uses functionality of the telephone system as required
· Other departmental duties as assigned
Education * High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Experience * Six-months of customer service experience
· Type 40 words per minute
· Excellent customer service skills
· Demonstrated knowledge of proper English grammar in speaking and writing
· Effectively listen to resolve patient's/customers inquiries
· Maintain respect and composure in stressful situations
· Navigate complex software tools and accurately input data
· Effectively document caller notes into the medical record
· Ability to adjust communication to fit the needs and level of understanding of the receiver
· Ability to apply business logic to resolve patient/customer issues while managing multiple priorities
About Nelson Connects:
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.