Job Number: 2166534
Position: Customer Service Representative
Shift: 1st. 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM - Monday to Friday
Pay Rate: $17.50
Location: Phoenix, AZ 85040
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
* High School diploma or GED; Associates Degree preferred.
* Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous, professional, and helpful).
* Proficient with Microsoft Windows 2000/XP Professional.
* SAP experience strongly desired.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
* Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work overtime as required.
* Strong work ethic, with focus on attendance and punctuality.
* Previous shipping/receiving or material handling experienced preferred. -
*Bilingual in Spanish language preferred.
Physical Demands of Position: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION: Receive, investigate and respond to all customer inquiries regarding shipments, products, and complaints. Input phone/fax/email orders and relative data into the computer. Interact with customers in a positive, friendly manner that ensures high customer retention. Assist in warehouse by performing material handling, pulling, cutting and packing of orders for shipment. Process orders for paint protection kits and accessories according to customer specification using company plotter and software. Process material returns properly.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
* Talk with customers by phone or in person concerning orders, returns and shipments and provide information on products, claims, processes and warranties.
* Receive & input orders and ensure they are filled in an accurate and timely manner.
* Call customers when necessary to advise shipment delay and/or information necessary to process orders. Answer product availability questions; suggesting information about other products and services. Follow through on customer requests as needed.
* Initiate tracers with carriers.
* Make changes to or cancel orders/backorders.
* Initiate orders for replacement parts and/or for correcting errors (shortages, wrong item shipped, etc.).
* Initiate file maintenance for corrections to computer's customer file. Perform clerical duties such as filing invoices.
* Fill out forms, determine changes for service requested.
* Provide assistance to other service centers as the need arises. Respond to questions about their orders and shipments.
* Prepare freight for shipment by palletizing, banding, boxing and stretch wrapping as required. Ensure orders are appropriately packaged to reduce risk of damage during transport or delivery.
* Ensure correct and accurate preparation of all sales orders per customer instructions.
* Use of customized dispatch system to produce labels for consignments of goods carried by courier.
* Handle all customers in a professional manner.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
* Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Assist the other staff members with tasks that assure the days business is completed and done so in a timely and efficient manner.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.