Employment Status: Full-time / non-exempt / hourly
Hours: 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday - Friday
Location: Torrance, CA
* Provide exceptional service to customers in person, via phone, e-mail, and fax
* Enter orders, issue return authorization numbers, and evaluate and processes warranty returns
* Organize and files pick tickets
* Provide timely resolution of customer complaints, concerns, and inquiries
* Report customer complaints and errors to the Customer Service Manager
* Keep current on product lines, market trends, sponsored players, and related events
* Reliable and consistent attendance
* Other duties as assigned by management
* Experience or personal interest in tennis and/or badminton is required
* Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm is required
* Some college is preferred but not required
* One to two years related customer service experience or equivalent
* Interest and willingness to learn about other sports
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Possess strong oral and written communication and the ability to work through difficult customers with
professionalism and diplomacy
* Commitment to excellence and high standards
* Strong organizational skills and able to manage priorities and workflow
* Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
* Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
* Acute attention to detail
* Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
* Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes
information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations;
Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to
customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and
assistance; Meets commitments.
* Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
* Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others'
views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of
team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives;
Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
* Continually required to sit for prolonged periods of time
* Occasionally required to walk
* Occasionally required to stand
* Occasionally exposed to background noise from office equipment and other customer service calls
* Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
* Continually required to talk and hear
* Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and use a keyboard
* Occasionally required to lift, push, and/or carry items up to 20 pounds
* Mainly works indoors in a climate-controlled environment, but may occasionally work outside with
exposure to various weather conditions
The physical requirements described in the job description are representative of the physical requirements that
must be performed by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue hardship for the
company and allow a successful job applicant or employee to perform the essential duties of the position will
be made in accordance with federal and state law.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson Connects can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for.
Pay Transparency: Nelson Connects provides pay transparency by placing salary ranges in all job postings in accordance with state and local regulations. We are committed to communicating pay clearly throughout the employment process.
California Fair Chance Act and Beyond: Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable regulations. We will consider qualified Applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and CA Fair Chance Act.
Temporary Associate Benefits Offered: Weekly benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, EAP, Life/AD and D, STD, Commuter FSA, + state mandated benefits.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services, or any other classification protected by law.