Customer Service / Logistics Coordinator in Hayward!
- Location: Hayward, Alameda, California, 94545
- Salary: Up to US$26.00 per hour per hour
- Job Type:Temp to Hire
Posted 16 days ago
Calling all Logistics and Customer Service professionals! Our Hayward client is a well-known and reputable Food/Spice/Ingredient manufacturer who is adding a growth-oriented professional to their team.
(**IMPORTANT** Company/position is moving to Dublin/Pleasanton by year's end)
Compensation: $26 Hr.
Schedule: Monday - Friday position, 8 am-4:30 pm to start with an option to change to 7-3:30 after proper training
We are looking for an energetic independent person with outstanding customer service skills who works alone and within small groups. The ideal candidate will have food experience and be able to handle multiple responsibilities at one time. This position ensures the logistics, warehousing, and procurement operations are meeting safety, quality, delivery, cost, and customer delivery objectives are met to their satisfaction.
· Ability to understand and operate all areas of the supply chain
· Take ownership for different projects and manage independently in a fast-paced environment
· Negotiate prices with service providers for warehouse operations and deliveries
· Manage and keep an inventory of quality, quantity, transport costs, delivery times, and efficiency (first in - first out)
· Resolve any arising problems and complaints
· Regularly perform customer service responsibilities and sales support functions
· Generate weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly tracking reports
· Coordinate with Production, Sales and Marketing team members
· Actively participating in growing the company through cost-saving and revenue-generating efforts
· Prepare and provide appropriate information for delivery and receipt of products
· Proven 3 years minimum relevant experience
· Record of successful distribution and logistics management
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
· Excellent ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PPT
Ideally completed 2 years of college
· Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
· Full Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· 401k with employer match
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.