Job Number: 2168570
Diesel Mechanic I
Compensation: Up to $40.00/hr (based on experience)
A leading food manufacturer is hiring for a Diesel Mechanic!
- Owning and promoting a Safety Culture by ensuring a sage work environment and promoting proper safety behavior
- Approach work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset and serving as an example of the company's purpose and core values
- Determine nature of needed repairs for company tractors and trailers through accurate troubleshooting
- Work with the garage manager to properly prioritize work and complete within appropriate timelines
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system
- Test lines, components, and connections for leaks
- Other misc. tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- Demonstrated organization and accuracy skills; self-motivated, detail-orientated, and able to handle multiple projects/tasks with competing deadlines. Must demonstrate the ability to solve problems, accept constructive feedback and show flexibility should priorities and/or deadlines change.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence. Must be able to build productive relationships across all levels of an organization
- Experience using Thermal King
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.