Job Number: 2165073
Director of Engineering
A highly successful and innovative company, in business is expanding its team. Manufacturing equipment that is a clean, quiet, zero-emission alternative!
- Lead internal/external product engineering teams to develop and integrate vehicle subsystems for electric tractors and associated implements
- Implement sound engineering practices and product development processes.
- Acquire and develop engineering talent.
The position will be based in Santa Rosa.
- Direct execution of product programs through developmental phases from requirements definition, design and validation to production launch for equipment and implements
- Provide technical expertise and guidance for design, validation, production readiness and continuous improvement; will also be directly involved in design and development.
- Support the organization in implementing robust product development processes.
- Support portfolio planning and technology adoption.
- Collaborate with supply management in supporting or leading sourcing and supplier development activities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and ensure that designs meet requirements for reliability, manufacturability, serviceability, safety and compliance to applicable standards.
- Support marketing, manufacturing and customer support teams.
- Develop internal and external engineering relationships for collaboration and be a mentor for engineering teams.
- Recruit and develop engineering talent.
- Has solid knowledge and experience in designing off-road vehicles, integrating vehicle systems and understanding interactions between sub systems.
- Experience in (or ability to learn) integrating electric drives into off-road vehicles
- Able to gather customer needs/product applications and translate them into product specifications and designs.
- Has good knowledge of off-road, equipment or vehicle standards and specifications to provide designs adequate to meet customer requirements.
- Has experience in the product development process -concept development, design, analysis, testing and release for production.
- Understands cost, quality and schedule implications in the product development process
- Able to operate and understand CAD software.
- Able to collaborate with internal cross functional teams and external partners
- Able to build effective teams and nurture an innovative spirit
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical or other vehicle related engineering fields.
- 8-10 years of experience in leading off-road vehicle development (or major vehicle systems).
- Proven experience in the product development cycle
- 5 years of experience in managing design teams that have successfully launched new products
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.