Job Number: 2167999
Director of Quality Assurance - Manufacturing
Union City, CA
We are running an Executive Search for a talented Director of Quality Assurance for a large manufacturing plant in Union City.
This is a vital position for the company as the Director of Quality Assurance will be a very impactful figure on the executive team and will help guide the direction of the company for years to come.
You will be responsible for leading a team of over 18 members of the Quality department - managing, planning and coordinating the Department to assure they support quality objectives. Analyze quality data feedback from customers and manufacturing to assure product quality integrity is maintained by the team. Work with suppliers on quality related issues. Assure direct hourly QA personnel are properly trained to carry out the QA duties in the factory.
- Responsible for development and implementation of manufacturing quality objectives. Develop policy and procedures to support business.
- Prioritize and monitor the activities of Quality Department personnel that support objectives to assure they are in alignment with the critical activities supporting team's objectives. Follow up and prioritize as needed by the team. Analyze quality data and report results in terms of impact to the plant objectives and continuous improvement. Utilize Quality tools to eliminate waste. Assure QA department is responsive to the team and corporate needs.
- Assure the requirements of the quality management system are maintained within the requirements of ISO. Includes the quality reporting, corrective/preventive actions, Internal Auditing System and customer complaint tracking.
- Responsible for interfacing with suppliers and Customer Service as it relates to supplied parts and customer complaints.
- Interface with New Product Development and Operations Project Leaders to assure the activities related to new products coming to Union City to meet the project plan.
- Assure the Document Control System is maintained to support plant requirements.
- Conduct analysis of manufacturing processes for improvement.
- Ensures clear and timely communication with support personnel and senior management with regards to quality issues and corrective actions.
- BS in Engineering and 5-10 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Solid organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Must possess excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, work to deadlines and control a number of projects at various stages of work.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to identify trends and establish proactive corrective actions. Must have demonstrated statistical analysis capabilities.
- Able to create effective reports, presentations and business correspondence.
- Provide leadership, guidance, development and motivation to staff to achieve superior results and accomplish overall business objectives.
- Establishes and coaches employee performance standards. Works with employees to set goals and define development needs. Provides ongoing, timely feedback and periodic formal performance evaluations, per company guidelines. Interview, hire and train new employees and present promotion and salary recommendations.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.