Job Number: 2157923
Location: Petaluma CA
The Cowgirl Creamery team is full of food-loving, hard-working folks who have a positive, team-oriented attitude. We care about each other, take great pride in our work and all share a passion for local, artisan food. If this sounds like you, we hope you'll join us on our journey!
Summary: This position is responsible for the management and leadership of our Warehouse &
Delivery teams. Their work directly contributes to smooth and efficient operations, emphasizing
continuous improvement in all areas. This is a highly cross-functional role that works
collaboratively with Sales, Procurement, and other key stakeholders.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of distribution: inventory management, fulfillment, shipping, receiving, delivery and 3rd party logistics.
- Work as a coach and mentor to all warehouse team members, fostering an environment
- learning and growth.
- Develop operations systems according to product handling and storage requirements;
- implement, enforce and evaluate systems and procedures; develop processes
- help us continually improve.
- Analyze and optimize process workflow, employee and space requirements and
- layout, engaging warehouse team in creating and implementing changes.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators and metrics.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing
- standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Manage key external vendor relationships with logistics providers including price
- and issue resolution.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal stakeholders especially with Sales and
- Direct and provide guidance to Warehouse Supervisor and Driving Supervisor. d
- Key user for ERP project implementation. Directly responsible for department rollout
- training of system functionality.
- 3-5 years experience in an Operations Leadership role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You communicate early, often
- proactively to support cross-team collaboration.
- 1+ years experience with ERP or warehouse management systems
- An eye for efficiency and operational excellence
- Strong grasp of KPIs and metrics, and the ability to humanize them
- A leadership philosophy based in mentorship and coaching. You grow by growing others.
Offering: Excellent benefits including 401K
About Cowgirl Creamery
Cowgirl Creamery makes cheese with heart. In 1997, we started with a dream shared between two college friends and business partners, Sue Conley and Peggy Smith: To celebrate organic practices and spotlight the craftsmanship of local sustainable agriculture in Marin and Sonoma counties. Today, we're carrying the torch of the food revolution that started in our backyard. Organic. Farm-to-Table. Delicious, award-winning cheese. It's in our DNA. And it defines our famous creations, including the beloved triple cream Mt. Tam. Our organic cheeses are available nationwide wherever fine cheese is sold, including restaurants, as well as our retail and cafe location in Point Reyes Station and our online shop.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.