Electrical Field Service Technician
- Location: Union City, Alameda, California
- Salary: US$75000.00 - US$85000.00 per year + Full benefits, 401k per year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted 5 days ago
Job Number: 2156565
Field Service Technician I
Union City, CA
The successful candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting and correcting any customer fixture problems promptly, efficiently, and with a strong focus on the customer relationship. This position reports to the Manager, Field Service, and works at customer locations with minimal supervision, as well as assisting the Quality Team with product improvement projects to ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
What Will You Do?
· Works directly with electrical contractors, agents, and site facilities personnel to quickly identify the scope and cause of the problem, then develop and carry out an action plan to resolve the issue.
· Personally, or by directing a team, carry out on-site resolution of electrical or mechanical issues with light fixtures or associated controls.
· Assist Field Services Coordinator by providing technical information to diagnose and resolve field problems.
· Assist contractors with troubleshooting over the phone.
· Manages work schedule of Field Service activities to ensure timely completion.
· Coordinate all aspects of arranging field service visit, materials, equipment, schedule, and personnel.
· Develop and test immediate solutions for field problems and participate in developing preventive measures.
· Prepare technical instructions or diagrams to assist electrical contractors with installation or repairs.
· Plan travel for self and Team (as needed) to customer sites.
· Prepares correspondence and reports documenting Field Service visits, including follow-up needs.
· Handle difficult situations assertively yet diplomatically, ensuring problems are resolved while maintaining a positive client interaction.
· Assist Quality Engineer with a variety of testing and investigation activities.
· Assist Quality Team with resolving quality issues in Production or at suppliers.
· Assist with continuous improvement efforts.
· Assist with ensuring the quality of new products during development phase and early production.
· AA/AS in Electronics Technology or equivalent area of study, along with experience in a similar technical field.
· 2-4 years' experience in troubleshooting electrical systems such as those found in general commercial building construction, and especially lighting.
· Experience as an Electrician and strong knowledge of commercial electrical installations, wiring, power, and controls highly desired.
· Valid driver's license and clean DMV record required. Must be able to travel within the US and Canada on short notice for several days at a time.
· Must be capable of safely working in a construction environment, including using, moving, and frequently working on ladders and/or scissor lift to reach installed fixtures to perform repairs.
· Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to work on location without any direct supervision.
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to lift and carry 40 lbs. and discern colors of wires.
· Proficient in use of computer applications such as Outlook, and Microsoft Suite products as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.