Electrical Field Service Technician (occasional travel)
- Location: Union City
- Salary: US$75000.00 - US$85000.00 per year + Annual bonus, benefits, 401k year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted about 1 month ago
Job Number: 2170876
Electrical Field Service Technician
Union City, CA
The successful candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting and correcting any customer fixture problems promptly, efficiently, and with a strong focus on the customer relationship. This position reports to the Manager, Field Service, and works on site at the plant, at customer locations with minimal supervision, as well as assisting the Quality Team with product improvement projects to ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
Experience in lighting is great but not required -The key is a strong electrical aptitude and understanding of why lighting works...or doesn't! The opportunities for growth at this company are tremendous. They will train to success!
What Will You Do?
· Works directly with electrical contractors, agents, and site facilities personnel to quickly identify problems, then develop and carry out an action plan to resolve the issue.
· Personally, or by directing a team, carry out on-site resolution of electrical or mechanical issues with light fixtures or associated controls.
· Assist contractors with troubleshooting over the phone.
· Develop and test immediate solutions for field problems and participate in developing preventive measures.
· Prepare technical instructions or diagrams to assist electrical contractors with installation or repairs.
· AA/AS in Electronics Technology or equivalent area of study, along with experience in a similar technical field.
· 1-3 years' experience in troubleshooting electrical systems such as those found in general commercial building construction, and especially lighting.
· Experience in Electrical wiring and commercial electrical installations, power, and controls.
· Valid driver's license and clean DMV record required. Must be able to travel - sometimes on short notice for several days at a time.
· Must be capable of safely working in a construction environment, including using, moving, and frequently working on ladders and/or scissor lift to reach installed fixtures to perform repairs.
· Proficient in use of computer applications such as Outlook, and Microsoft Suite products as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.