Engineer _ Product Engineer
- Location: Santa Rosa
- Salary: Negotiable per year
- Job Type:Full Time
Posted about 2 months ago
Job Number: 2167862
Product Engineer - Hydraulics
A highly successful and innovative company, in business for more than 10 years designing and manufacturing electric vehicles and related products, is expanding its team.
Position(s): Product Engineer, Vehicle Hydraulics - Level 1 (2-5 years' experience)
Product Engineer, Vehicle Hydraulics - Level 2 (5+ years' experience)
The position will be based in Santa Rosa, California
The vehicle hydraulics engineer will developing new equipment and implement hydraulic systems, drive continuous improvement, and support the factory and after-sales.
· Develop hydraulic circuits for vehicle systems including steering, drive systems, auxiliary hydraulics and implements
· Analyze and optimize hydraulic systems for performance, efficiency, and cost
· Drive activities for component selection and supplier development
· Ability to develop and analyze hydraulic circuits
· Ability to size, select and when necessary design hydraulic components
· Has solid experience in designing mechanical systems and understands interactions between subsystems.
· Ability to integrate hydraulic systems and electric drives into equipment (or ability to learn).
· Experience in the product development process (design, analysis, validation, launch).
· Gathers customer needs and product applications and translate them into product specifications and designs.
· Understands cost, quality and schedule implications in the product development process.
· Proficient in CAD software (Solidworks).
· Collaborates with internal cross functional teams and external partners.
· Bachelor's degree in mechanical or other vehicle related engineering fields.
· 2 plus years of experience in design of hydraulic systems for equipment or machinery.
· IFPS Certification a plus (Hydraulics specialist or Electronic Controls specialist).
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.