Job Number: 2161866
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up escrow transactions upon receiving new escrow orders. Process deposits of earnest money and mail out necessary forms and preliminary title reports to principals for review.
- Prepare and deliver preliminary projected HUD-1's to lender upon request.
- Prepare additional documents and/or escrow instructions as instructed by principals based on written instructions to escrow.
- Forward title clearing documentation to title officer for approval.
- Return executed loan packages to lender for review and approval in accordance to lender instructions.
- Prepare and deliver recording packages based on escrow instructions and verifying that appropriate title premiums and recording fees have been collected.
- Disburse escrow files in accordance with the written settlement statements upon receipt of funds.
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, answering phones, typing forms and correspondence
- Maintain internal escrow database and required reporting
- Assist with scheduling and/ or conducting closings, as directed
- Coordinate and assist with branch escrow department for assistance with escrow transactions.
- Track, investigate and place stop payments on any outstanding un-cleared checks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service
- Ability to follow directions, coordinate, schedule, and prioritize various responsibilities
- Ability to multi task, concentrate, and focus under pressure during interrupted work flow and changing schedules and needs of the branch
- Demonstrated skills with problem solving, accuracy and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet computer programs
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least three years' of progressively responsible clerical or administrative support, with an emphasis on customer service
- Background in title/escrow industry preferred
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.