Job Number: 2158928
Mountain View, CA
About This Role
The Executive Assistant to the CEO/CFO/CPO is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO, CFO, CPO, and managing the organization's office operations. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support for CEO/CFO/CPO to ensure they can efficiently accomplish key tasks and company initiatives.
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for CEO/CFO/CPO.
- Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO/CFO/CPO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect the Executive's style and organization policy
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials.
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters
- Work closely with the CEO/CFO/CPO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO/CFO/CPO updated. Anticipate the executive's needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events as needed
- Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO/CFO/CPO and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team
- Provide event management support as requested
- Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment
- Invest in building long-lasting relationships both externally and internally
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization
Skills and Requirements
- Significant executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office/G-Suite and other business applications; ability to design and edit presentations and materials
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, customers, etc
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in administrative support functions
If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.